Shop Drawings and Professional Methods for Designing and Constructing Every Kind of Kitchen and Built-in Cabinet
This new technical handbook shows woodworkers exactly how to approach the complex job of designing and making built-in cabinets for kitchens, family rooms, and home offices. Robert W. Lang gives readers clearly written text, meticulously detailed shop drawings, and sharp photographs showing how the cabinets go together in the real world.
This comprehensive handbook gives woodworkers the choice of building traditional face-frame cabinets, or contemporary frameless Euro-style cabinets. Readers will benefit from practical and shop-tested methods and time-savers on every page.
Readers will learn:
- How to measure the room and design cabinetry that considers function, needs and tastes, plus aesthetics, budget, and materials.
- How to develop working shop drawings and cutting lists for each cabinet in the installation.
- How to work efficiently with solid wood, veneered plywood, MDF, and plastic laminates.
- How to build traditional face-frame cabinets, and 32-mm Euro-style frameless cabinets.
- How to cut and join the basic box, and how the box differs for base cabinets, drawer stacks, sinks, corners, appliances, peninsulas and islands, offices, entertainment centers, and family rooms.
- How to construct wall-hung cabinets, cabinets with lighting, and floor-to-ceiling cabinets.
- How to make doors, drawer faces, drawer boxes, and countertops for any style of cabinet.
“Bob Lang’s Complete Kitchen Cabinetmaker” has been through several printings since it was first published in 2006.
It has now been printed as a revised edition and signed copies are now available directly from the author.
US Addresses only $24.99 + $6.50 Priority Mail Shipping (please e-mail for international shipping cost)
Curious about what’s inside? This post on hanging a door with butt hinges is adapted from “Bob Lang’s Complete Kitchen Cabinetmaker”. This post is also adapted from the book and talks about European hinges and this one is the announcement for the new edition.