SketchUp for Kitchen Design Tech. Support
Thank you for purchasing “SketchUp For Kitchen Design”. This page exists to provide answers to frequently asked questions about this book, and to help resolve any technical issues.
IF THE VIDEOS DON’T PLAY:
If you are using Windows 10 and a new installation of Adobe Reader, click here for the quick fix.
If you’re still having trouble, try the following:
- Make sure that you downloaded the entire file. It’s a big file 1.4GB and it takes awhile, depending on the speed and quality of your internet connection.
- The link you receive with your purchase will give you several attempts.
- The service I use recommends this software http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/ to speed up the download and restart it if it is interrupted.
- If you’re sure you have the entire file, Update the following:
- Adobe Reader.
- Adobe Flash Player
- Your computer’s media player.
- few readers have reported getting an error message with Windows 10, if you’re one of them and you’ve done all of the above:
- There might be a few settings in Adobe Reader that are causing the trouble.
- Adobe Reader Preferences are found in the Edit menu.
- Select Multimedia Trust (legacy) and make sure the box that allows multimedia operations is checked.
- Multimedia (legacy) allows you to select a preferred media player. Try changing the selection.
- If you make any changes to Adobe Reader Preferences, close the program and restart it to make the changes stick.
- It is also a good idea to restart your computer after updating and changing the Preferences settings.
You can report problems by leaving a comment below, or send an e-mail to report your issue.
LOOKING FOR MODELS?
I had hoped to include several simple cabinet models in the download version of this book, but that proved unworkable. Instead they are in a collection in the SketchUp 3D Warehouse.
Pingback:New Woodworker’s Guide to SketchUp Tech. Support | ReadWatchDo.com