In the near future, my latest book: “Classic Arts & Crafts Furniture: 14 Timeless Designs” will be available. This is a collection of some of the project articles that I wrote for Popular Woodworking Magazine. But it’s not just a mash-up of articles.
The entire book is a fresh design, so that photos that might have you looking for a magnifying glass in the magazine are nice and clear. In addition to the text for the original articles, extra material from the Popular Woodworking Blog is also included for some of the pieces. Here is a list of the projects, and the projects that are underlined are links to more information about that piece:
- Maple Arts & Crafts Buffet (my design)
- Gustav Stickley No. 70 Music Cabinet
- Gustav Stickley Bridal Chest
- Byrdcliffe Linen Press
- Greene & Greene Medicine Cabinet
- Craftsman Style Bookcase (also my design)
- Gustav Stickley No. 74 Bookrack
- Gustav Stickley No. 700 Bookcase (Harvey Ellis design)
- Tusk Tenon Bookrack (my adaptation of a Roycroft design)
- Greene & Greene Sideboard (based on the Freeman Ford server)
- “Lost” Stickley Side Table
- Gustav Stickley Poppy Table
- Gustav Stickley No. 369 Morris Chair
- Greene & Greene Style Frame
This new book makes a nice complement to my “Shop Drawings” books. Here is where you will find the “how-to” about making these classic pieces of American furniture. You’ll see my techniques for layout, joinery, shaping and finishing. Each project in this book includes the illustrations that appeared in the magazine, along with a cut list, in addition to full-color photos of each build.
I don’t have a firm release date yet, but I will be offering the book for sale here on readwatchdo.com. I’ll do the best I can on price, and sign every copy, but you will be able to find it for less money other places. If price is your motivation, I understand. But if you would like to directly support a woodworking author, the couple of extra bucks you spend will help me and my family.
Sign up for my newsletter, or come back for another visit for updated information on this release.